Reviewing Web Analytics
The web analytics page includes analytics for videos that were published using a Brightcove Player. To view the Web analytics page:
- Login to Marketing Studio.
- In the primary navigation, click Analytics. By default, the Web analytics will be displayed.
Tabs at the top of the page can be used to access the other analytics pages:
Viewing web analytics
The graph at the top of the page shows the total video views per day for the time period selected.
Detailed video analytics will appear below the graph:
- Title - Video name and video ID
- Video Views - The number of times the video started playing, recorded when the stream is started (does not include rewind or replay)
- Viewed Minutes - Total viewed minutes
- Play Rate - The percentage of users that played the video after it was loaded
- Avg. % Watched - The average percent watched per video view (calculated by adding all the percentage watched divided by the number of video views)
- Avg. Time Watched - The average time watched per video view (calculated by adding all the time watched divided by the number of video views)
- Created Date - Date the video was uploaded
Compare to previous period
Selecting the Compare to previous period checkbox will add an overlay dashed line graph representing the data for the previous period.
The previous period is based upon what is currently selected for the report date range. For example, if you select a date range of last 7 days, the previous period will be 2 weeks ago. When comparing trends over weeks, it is best to select date ranges that cover complete weeks. For example, if you select a date starting on a Monday, set the end date to a Sunday. If the start date is on a Friday, set the end date to a Thursday. You can also mouse over both the bars and dashed line to see the date and corresponding values.